Friday, December 19, 2014

A Brief Review of NYU Classes

The NYU classes site has been a very helpful resource for me in terms of accessing class information. I like that each class website includes a clear place to instructors to add the syllabus. However, I have noticed that some professors post the syllabus in different ways. One way is to post the syllabus right on the site so that students can read it on the page. The other option is for professors to post a link to download the syllabus. While I can see the uses for both, I wish that all professors were required to post the syllabus the same way, as this would provide a more consistent user experience for students.

I also wish that there was a way for the drop-down file menus to navigate more smoothly. While I am thankful for so many of the resources that are made available through this system, the opening and closing of files and folders seems confusing at times. I am having trouble describing why this is, but I can say without a doubt that it is much less smooth than the navigation of Finder on the Mac or a similar explorer tool on a PC.

I saw an announcement that NYU Classes is being updated over the winter break, so I am excited to see what changes are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment